Some moments never truly leave us

 Some moments never truly leave us.

Not even when time moves forward.
Not even when the world continues as if nothing has changed.
I remember the moment I first held you.
The way your tiny paws touched my hand.
The warmth of your body pressed against mine.
The way your eyes looked up at me with trust and love I had never known.
It didn’t pass.
Even now.
Years later, I can close my eyes and feel it again.
Like it’s happening all over.
The quiet evenings.
The playful mornings.
The little routines that seemed so ordinary at the time.
All of them alive in my heart.
Some might say that grief dulls with time.
But some moments are immune.
They linger.
They echo.
They remind you of the love you were lucky enough to hold.
The world moves on.
I move on.
And yet, that moment remains.
Unchanged.
Perfect.
Immortal.
Somewhere beyond the Rainbow Bridge, I imagine you there.
Running through endless golden fields.
Tail wagging.
Eyes shining.
And for a heartbeat, I can feel that first connection again.
The one that started it all.
And I know something true:
That moment didn’t pass.
It will never pass.
Because love like ours cannot be bound by time.
It lives.
It endures.
It remains.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster