You crossed into quiet joy
You crossed into quiet joy…
I try to picture the exact moment heaven welcomed you.The moment pain finally let go of your tired body.
The moment your breathing became easy again.
The moment your old legs could finally run without hurting.
I hope it was gentle.
I hope the light felt warm.
I hope fear disappeared the second you stepped into it.
Because you deserved peace after all the love you gave in this life.
You spent so many years taking care of me.
Staying close during my hardest nights.
Following me from room to room like my sadness was something you could protect me from.
And honestly… sometimes I think you did.
You carried pieces of my grief long before I ever had to carry yours.
That’s why this goodbye feels so impossible.
The house still remembers you.
Your favorite sleeping spot near the window.
The tiny scratch marks near the door.
The toy I still haven’t moved because part of me cannot bear the thought of this world existing without traces of you in it.
I still talk to you sometimes.
Quietly.
Like maybe love can travel farther than we understand.
Like maybe somewhere beyond the clouds, your soul still pauses to listen for my voice.
And maybe it does.
Because every now and then… when the world becomes still enough… I feel something softer than grief.
Not sadness.
Not emptiness.
Peace.
Like your spirit is finally resting somewhere beautiful beyond the Rainbow Bridge beneath endless skies glowing with stars and rainbow light.
I imagine open meadows.
Warm sunlight.
Soft grass beneath your paws.
No sickness.
No fear.
No goodbye.
Just joy.
Quiet, endless joy.
And somehow that thought keeps my heart going on the nights I miss you most.
Because even though losing you broke something inside me… I would still choose every second with you all over again.
You crossed into quiet joy.
But part of your love stayed behind to guide me through the silence.
Reacties
Een reactie posten