The light held you there

 The light held you there…

Right in your favorite spot by the window.
For a moment, the whole room felt suspended between memory and heaven.
I had been missing you harder than usual that day.
The kind of grief that quietly follows you from room to room until even breathing feels heavy.
I sat down without speaking, surrounded by the silence you left behind.
And then the sunlight appeared.
Soft. Golden. Warm.
Stretching across the floor exactly where you used to sleep every afternoon.
I froze.
Because somehow… it didn’t feel empty.
It felt like you.
Like the universe had gently folded your memory into the light so I could survive one more day without you.
I stared at that glowing space for so long.
Remembering the way your chest rose and fell while you dreamed.
The little sleepy sounds you made when you were completely at peace.
The comfort of simply knowing you were nearby.
I miss that comfort more than words can explain.
I miss hearing your paws behind me while I made coffee in the mornings.
I miss your eyes following me around the room like love itself had taken physical form.
I miss the way this house felt alive when your heartbeat still existed inside it.
People say grief fades.
But honestly… I think grief just learns new shapes.
Some days it feels like tears.
Some days it feels like silence.
And some days… it feels like sunlight landing softly in an empty room while your soul somehow still feels close enough to touch.
Maybe love leaves energy behind.
Maybe that’s why certain places still carry warmth long after goodbye.
Because souls like yours do not vanish.
They linger.
In routines.
In memories.
In golden light spilling across the floor exactly where they once rested.
Now when evening comes and stars begin appearing beside soft rainbow-colored clouds, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge resting peacefully in endless meadows beneath heaven’s warm light. 

No pain touching you anymore.
No tiredness.
Just peace.
And maybe that’s what I felt that afternoon.
Not absence.
But your love quietly waiting for me inside the light once again.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster