Far away

 Far away…

but somehow still close enough to touch my heart.
That’s what losing you feels like now.
You are no longer beside me where I can hold you,
kiss your head,
or hear your paws moving softly through the house.
And yet…
there are moments when you feel impossibly near.
In the warmth of morning sunlight.
In the sudden calm that appears during hard nights.
In dreams so vivid I wake up expecting you beside me again.
Love like yours doesn’t understand distance.
Not even the kind created by goodbye.
Sometimes I sit quietly and talk to you anyway.
I tell you about my day.
About the things that still hurt.
About how much I still miss the simple comfort of your presence.
And somewhere deep inside,
I feel this strange peace afterward.
Like your soul still listens.
Maybe Heaven isn’t as far away as we think.
Maybe the ones we love stay woven close to us in ways human eyes simply cannot see.
Because even now,
after all this time,
my heart still reacts to you like you’re here.
Still looks for you in familiar places.
Still feels safer when I think about you.
Still carries your love into every ordinary day I survive without you.
So yes…
you may be far beyond my reach now.
But never far from my soul.
And maybe that invisible closeness is what forever really means. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster