You never let me out of your sight

 You never let me out of your sight.

If I moved, you moved.
If I paused, you waited.
And somehow, you made the world feel smaller —
safe, warm, complete.

When you left, I thought the silence would swallow me.
The click of your nails, the sighs, the soft thud of your body against mine —
all gone, all at once.

But love, you never really left.
I feel you still.
Sometimes in the soft echo of my footsteps,
sometimes in the corner of my eye —
a shimmer that looks like loyalty,
sounds like peace.

They say dogs stay close to their people even after they pass.
I believe it.
Because I’ve felt it —
that gentle brush of air behind me,
the warmth at my heels when I cry.

You were always my shadow in life,
and now you’re my light in death.
I carry you everywhere —
in the quiet, in the morning walks,
in the way I still step carefully,
leaving space for you beside me.

So walk with me still, my love.
Not seen, but known.
Not gone, but home.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster