Sometimes, when the world falls still

 Sometimes, when the world falls still,

I can almost hear you breathing.
Not loud — just soft enough to feel,
like a memory brushing against the edges of my heart.

I think love leaves traces in the air —
tiny echoes that never fade,
carried by the wind, waiting for the right silence to be heard again.

You always slept beside me,
your breaths syncing with mine,
a rhythm I didn’t know I’d memorized until it was gone.

Now, in the quiet hours,
I still listen for it.
And some nights —
I find it.

The curtains move though no window’s open.
The air cools, then warms, as if your soul exhaled peace.
And I realize…
you’re here.
Not in form, but in feeling.
Not in fur, but in air, light, and unseen presence.

Love is stubborn like that.
It refuses to end just because a heartbeat stops.

So I sit in the dark and breathe,
letting the night fill me with what’s left of you —
soft, eternal, invisible.

And for a moment,
the air feels alive again.
Full of love.
Full of you.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster