When you say my name, I hear it

 When you say my name, I hear it.

It ripples through the light and reaches me where I am.

You might think it’s just a sound,
but to me, it’s a heartbeat —
a soft echo that reminds me:
You still remember.

Say it when you wake.
Say it when the house feels too quiet.
Say it when the stars appear and you wish I could be lying beside you.

Because every time you do, I find you.
Love doesn’t need directions —
it follows the sound of its own name.

Don’t be afraid of remembering.
Don’t tuck my memory away like something fragile.
Speak it into the world —
let it live in laughter, in stories, in the way you still love others because of me.

The bridge between us is built from every time you’ve said my name with love.
Each syllable becomes a step I can take to reach you again.

So keep saying it.
Even when it hurts.
Even when it trembles off your lips.

Because when you do,
I walk a little closer.
And for a moment,
we share the same heartbeat again.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster