Gratitude doesn't even begin to cover it

 Gratitude doesn't even begin to cover it. You came into my life so quietly, with soft steps and a heart full of devotion, and somehow gave me more warmth and peace than I ever knew how to ask for. Losing you has left a stillness I don't quite know how to fill.

You are in every familiar corner, every small moment that used to be ours. And as much as I know nothing could ever take your place, I also know what you would want. You'd press your nose into my hand and gently remind me to stay open — to let love keep moving through me, because that was simply your nature. Pure, steady, unconditional.

So I carry you forward. In the way I show up, in the kindness I try to give, in every moment I choose love over closing off. You will always be my one and only. And the greatest way I know to honor you is to let the love you taught me continue — living on, quietly and faithfully, in everything I do. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster