Happy Birthday, my best friend
Happy Birthday, my best friend.
I used to hang banners, buy new toys, and bake silly treats just for you.I used to laugh at the way your tail wagged like it could lift you off the ground.
Now, birthdays feel different.
There are no paws at the table, no cake crumbs on the floor.
Just quiet, and memories, and love that refuses to fade.
But when I close my eyes, I see you.
Running through Heaven’s fields, whole and free.
Your fur glistens in golden light, and the sky blooms with colors brighter than any balloons.
The flowers themselves seem to sing, and I imagine the angels gathering around you,
celebrating the day you were born—
the day the world was given your light.
So I’ll still celebrate you.
With candles lit in your honor.
With tears that fall, yes, but also with gratitude.
Because you were, and always will be, the best gift I ever received.
Happy Birthday, my love.
Until I can join you in those endless fields,
run free, and know I’m still singing for you here.
Reacties
Een reactie posten