There are times when the world disappears for a second

 There are times when the world disappears for a second.

When everything slows down.
When grief feels sharp and the air feels too heavy.
And in that pause…
I felt you.
Not in the way I used to feel your paws on the floor.
Not in the warmth of your fur pressed against me.
Not in the sounds of your bark or breathing.
But in something deeper.
Something I can’t fully explain.
A presence.
A heartbeat.
A whisper of comfort that seemed to come from nowhere and everywhere at once.
It was in that moment that I remembered.
All the times you stayed close without needing words.
All the times your eyes told me what I needed to hear.
All the ways you made ordinary moments feel extraordinary.
And even though I knew you weren’t there in the physical sense, I felt you.
I felt your love.
I felt your reassurance.
I felt the bond that death can’t break.
It reminded me that some connections don’t end when life does.
They move, they shift, they become part of our soul.
I felt you in the laughter that came after tears.
In the memory of your soft head resting on my lap.
In the quiet spaces where your presence used to be.
It was fleeting.
A moment.
A reminder.
A gift.
And in that moment, I smiled through the ache.
Because even though you are beyond the Rainbow Bridge now, I know that love doesn’t vanish.
It lingers.
It breathes.
It surrounds.
It finds me when I least expect it.
And in that unexpected, perfect second, I felt you.
Alive in my heart.
Still mine.
Still loving.
Still here. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster