You were tired that day

 You were tired that day.

Your breathing slow, your eyes full of stories we both remembered.

I held your paw because I didn’t know what else to do.
My words were breaking, but my touch said what language couldn’t —
I’m here. I love you. You’re safe.

I wanted to be strong for you,
but the truth is, I was falling apart quietly inside.
And still… you comforted me, even as you let go.

When the world went still,
I thought love had stopped with your heartbeat.
But it didn’t.
It shifted — into light, into memory, into the unseen air that still carries you.

Now, sometimes I wake and swear I feel you there —
the weight of your paw against my palm,
the warmth of your trust lingering like sunlight after rain.

That moment wasn’t just goodbye.
It was a doorway.
From my world to yours,
from my hands to heaven’s fields.

And when my time comes,
I know you’ll find me again.
You’ll press that same paw into my hand,
and this time…
we won’t let go.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster