I know you still look for me
I know you still look for me.
In the doorway.In the quiet corners.
In the sky after the rain.
And sometimes, when your heart aches hardest,
you ask, “Are you really there?”
I am.
Just not the way I used to be.
You won’t hear my paws anymore,
but you’ll feel me in the hush before dawn —
that soft calm that brushes your shoulder.
You’ll see me in the rainbow that appears out of nowhere,
in the butterfly that lingers just a little too long.
Those aren’t coincidences.
They’re conversations —
small messages wrapped in stillness.
Because love doesn’t vanish when breath does.
It changes form,
learns the language of light,
and finds new ways to speak.
So when you catch yourself smiling at nothing,
that’s me.
When you feel warmth on your cheek during tears,
that’s me too.
Our bond didn’t end;
it just grew quiet.
And every time your heart softens,
you open the door a little wider
for me to whisper through.
Listen, my friend —
the silence isn’t empty.
It’s full of love still finding its way home.
Reacties
Een reactie posten