I used to mark the days since you left
I used to mark the days since you left.
Now I count the ways you’re still here.In the quiet kindness of strangers,
in the way sunlight touches my shoulder,
in the peace that fills the room when I speak your name —
that’s you.
Grief once felt like a storm without end.
But somewhere along the way,
the thunder softened into music.
The tears turned into gratitude.
And I realized —
I wasn’t meant to “move on.”
I was meant to carry you forward.
You changed me in ways that time can’t erase.
You taught me how to love fully,
how to be gentle,
how to see souls, not faces.
So today, I don’t mourn.
I celebrate.
Every wag, every nap in the sunlight, every look that said, “You are my world.”
You gave me more than years —
you gave me forever.
And though the world spins without you,
I feel you in every rotation —
steady, present, eternal.
Because love like ours doesn’t fade;
it becomes light,
and I see it everywhere.
So here’s to you, my forever friend —
for every lesson, every heartbeat,
and every joy you left behind.
Reacties
Een reactie posten