I saw you today
I saw you today —
holding my collar, eyes closed, whispering my name into the quiet.I wish you could have seen what I saw:
you, surrounded by light that my love still creates.
Please don’t cry for me.
My paws no longer touch the ground,
but my soul hasn’t stopped following your steps.
When you walk by the lake,
I chase the ripples in the water’s reflection.
When you laugh again,
I’m the warmth rising in your chest.
And when you cry —
I rest my head against your heart until the ache softens.
I know you feel guilt for moving on,
but that’s what I wanted for you —
to live, to smile, to love again.
That’s how my memory stays alive.
I still walk beside you, unseen but not unfelt.
Every road you take is one we share,
every night sky holds a pawprint made of light.
So when the world feels heavy, look down —
you might not see me,
but your shadow still walks with two hearts.
And one day, when the road turns golden at the horizon,
you’ll see me waiting — tail wagging,
ready to walk you the rest of the way home.
Reacties
Een reactie posten