My dearest friend

 My dearest friend,

Since you left, the nights have felt endless.
The bed is too empty.
The quiet too sharp.
The darkness too deep.

But then, in that silence, I look upward.
And there you are.

Not in the way I once knew you—
warm fur, wagging tail, happy eyes.
But in a light that breaks the night.
A star that shines brighter when I call your name.

I whisper to you in the stillness.
And somehow, I feel heard.
Somehow, I know you see me.
Because that star doesn’t just shine—
it listens.

You are not lost to me.
You are written in the sky.
And when my time comes,
I know I’ll follow that light straight into your arms again.

Until then… keep glowing, my love.
My star.
The one that knows my name.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster