Ever since you left
Ever since you left...
The room feels tilted.Not enough for anyone else to notice.
Just enough that nothing feels quite where it belongs anymore.
Your bed is gone.
Your bowl no longer waits in the corner.
The little scratches you left on the doorframe are still there...
And somehow, they make me smile and cry at the same time.
I still walk into the house expecting life to greet me.
For years, the sound of my keys meant one thing to you.
"You're home!"
Before I could even set my bags down, you were already there.
Tail wagging.
Eyes shining.
As if seeing me was the very best part of your day.
Now the door opens to silence.
A silence so gentle...
Yet so impossibly heavy.
Sometimes I find myself talking out loud before I realize there's no one here to answer.
I'll catch myself saying, "Come on, let's go outside."
Or asking, "Are you hungry?"
The words still leave my lips.
They just have nowhere to land.
Your favorite toy still sits on the bookshelf where I placed it after you were gone.
I can't move it.
Not because it's just a toy...
But because touching it feels like touching a piece of our life together.
People think grief is only about missing someone.
But it's also about learning how to live inside a world that has quietly changed its shape.
The walls are the same.
The furniture hasn't moved.
The sunlight still falls through the same window.
Yet everything feels slightly off...
Because the heart knows someone beautiful is missing.
Then evening comes.
The sky softens into gold and lavender.
The first stars begin to appear, and I imagine you somewhere beyond them.
Running through endless green meadows beneath the Rainbow Bridge.
No pain.
No fear.
Only freedom.
Only joy.
Sometimes I picture you stopping for just a moment.
Looking back with those faithful eyes that always knew where to find me.
Not because you're waiting with sadness...
But because love always remembers the way home.
Maybe that's why, every now and then, the room doesn't feel quite so tilted.
Maybe it's because your love still finds its way back to me...
In a gentle breeze through an open window.
In a rainbow after the rain.
In a dream so real that I wake up smiling before the tears begin.
The world may never feel exactly the way it did when you were here.
And that's okay.
Because you didn't just fill a room.
You filled a life.
And even though one chair is empty...
My heart is still wonderfully full of you.
Until the day I hear your paws running toward me again...
I'll keep looking toward the light.
Because that's where love went.
And that's where I'll find you again.
Reacties
Een reactie posten