What I never stopped saying… is your name.
What I never stopped saying… is your name.
Not out loud anymore.Not where the world can hear it.
But somewhere quieter than sound.
Somewhere that doesn’t need permission.
There are moments I catch myself doing it without realizing.
A thought forms.
A memory opens.
And there you are again.
So naturally.
So completely.
Like you never agreed to leave the conversation.
I still talk to you in the small spaces of my day.
While making coffee.
While driving past familiar streets.
While standing in rooms that feel just a little less full than they used to.
It’s never a full speech.
Just fragments.
Just pieces of me reaching toward you the way I always did.
I tell you things I don’t tell anyone else.
Not because they’re secret.
But because you were always the one I turned to first.
And somehow… that habit never broke.
There are days I wonder if I should stop.
If at some point I’m supposed to accept silence as the only answer.
But then I remember—
love doesn’t end because there’s no reply.
It only changes where it speaks from.
So I keep saying your name in the language of memory.
In the rhythm of missing you.
In the quiet acknowledgment that you still matter here.
Even if you are not here in the way I once knew.
Sometimes I imagine you hearing me.
Not from far away.
But from somewhere softer than distance.
Somewhere beyond effort and pain.
And I wonder if you recognize it too.
Not as words.
But as feeling.
As the same bond that never learned how to break.
There are still so many things I say to you that never get finished.
Sentences that fade halfway through because emotion takes over.
Thoughts that dissolve into silence before they reach their end.
But maybe that’s how it was always meant to be.
Maybe some love was never meant to be completed.
Only continued.
So I don’t correct myself anymore.
I don’t stop the habit.
I don’t try to silence what still wants to be spoken.
Because what I never stopped saying…
was you.
In every form memory allows.
In every quiet moment that still belongs to us.
And maybe one day, somewhere beyond this space between us…
I’ll hear you saying it back.
Reacties
Een reactie posten