Nothing you did was wrong
Nothing you did was wrong.
I repeat that to myself now… like a prayer I didn’t know I needed.Because grief has a way of turning love into questions.
Too many questions.
Did I do enough?
Did I miss something?
Did you understand how loved you were in every ordinary moment we shared?
And I search my memories like they hold answers I can still change.
But they don’t.
They only hold you.
Just… you.
The way you trusted me completely.
The way you followed me without hesitation.
The way your whole world felt safe as long as I was in it.
And I keep coming back to one truth I wish I had understood more gently when you were here:
You were never failing.
You were never “too much” or “not enough.”
You were just living.
And I was lucky enough to be the place you chose to live beside.
I think about the small moments now.
The ones I used to overlook because they felt so normal.
The way you rested near me even when you didn’t have to.
The way your eyes looked for me in a room full of noise.
The way your presence never asked for anything except to belong.
There was no mistake in that.
There was no flaw in you loving me the way you did.
And there was no moment where you stopped being enough.
Sometimes I wish I could go back and say it more clearly.
Not with words.
But with stillness.
With patience.
With the kind of presence you gave me so freely.
But maybe you already knew.
Maybe that’s why you stayed so close.
Because dogs don’t measure love the way humans do.
They don’t question if they’re doing it right.
They just give it.
Completely.
Without hesitation.
And now I realize…
if there was anything I didn’t understand in time, it wasn’t you.
It was how pure your love actually was.
So I carry that now.
Carefully.
Like something sacred I was trusted with.
And when guilt tries to speak louder than memory, I answer it with your truth instead.
You were not wrong.
You were not less.
You were never a mistake in my life.
You were the most honest love I’ve ever known.
And if I could say one thing to you across all of this distance…
I would tell you again and again:
You did everything right.
You loved exactly as you were meant to love.
And I will spend the rest of my days trying to honor that.
Not with regret…
but with gratitude.
Reacties
Een reactie posten