I hope you've found your rest now

 I hope you've found your rest now, sweet one — somewhere soft and boundless, like the clouds I always imagine you curled up on.

I hope there's no pain where you are. No fear, no heaviness — just warmth, and light, and the kind of peace you always deserved. Every single day you were here, you poured your whole heart into loving me. And now, all I can do is send mine up into the sky and hope somehow it finds you.

You were too pure for how hard this world can be. And even though the ache of missing you doesn't leave, I find a quiet comfort in knowing you're free now. Safe. Wrapped in love that never ends. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster