The world tells us to be strong
The world tells us to be strong.
To move faster.To speak louder.
To harden ourselves against disappointment and loss.
But you taught me something different.
You taught me that gentle matters most.
Not through words.
Through the way you lived.
The way you rested your head on my lap when my heart was heavy.
The way you sat beside me during days no one else knew I was struggling.
The way you seemed to understand sadness without needing it explained.
You never tried to fix my pain.
You simply stayed.
And somehow, that was enough.
Looking back now, I realize the greatest moments we shared weren't the big ones.
They were the quiet ones.
A warm body leaning against my leg.
A sleepy sigh at the end of the day.
The soft sound of paws following me from room to room.
Little things.
Gentle things.
The kind of moments that seemed ordinary while they were happening.
The kind that become priceless once they're gone.
Since you left, I've noticed how much gentleness still remains behind.
It's in the memories that visit unexpectedly.
It's in the tears I no longer try to hide.
It's in the way I speak your name when no one else is listening.
Because grief itself is a form of love.
A tender reminder that someone beautiful once walked beside us.
Sometimes I imagine you now...
Running freely across a peaceful meadow beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
No pain.
No tired bones.
Just endless fields, soft breezes, and skies painted with colors brighter than any sunset.
And even there, I think you'd still be the same gentle soul.
The dog who would stop to comfort another.
The dog who would greet every newcomer with kindness.
The dog whose heart was always bigger than the world around them.
You changed my life in ways I may never fully understand.
Not because you were extraordinary.
But because you were kind.
And kindness leaves a mark that never fades.
So when this world feels too loud, too rushed, too heavy...
I remember you.
I remember the lessons hidden in your quiet presence.
I remember that love doesn't have to be dramatic to be powerful.
Sometimes it looks like a warm nose against your hand.
A familiar shadow at your feet.
A faithful heart choosing you every day.
And that is why I will always carry you with me.
Not only because I miss you.
But because you reminded me of something precious.
Something the world often forgets.
That in the end...
Gentle matters most.
Reacties
Een reactie posten