Something gentle found me
Something gentle found me.
Not loudly.Not suddenly.
But in the quietest moment I didn’t know I needed.
It didn’t ask permission.
It didn’t try to fix anything.
It just… arrived.
Like a soft breath I didn’t realize I was holding until it finally let me exhale.
For so long, I thought grief only moved in heavy ways.
In silence that felt too sharp.
In rooms that felt too empty.
In nights that stretched longer than they should have.
But then something changed.
Not the absence.
That is still there.
But the way I carry it.
I find myself remembering you now without breaking the same way I used to.
It still hurts.
But it also softens.
Like the edges of pain learning not to cut so deeply every time I pass through them.
Something gentle found me in the small things.
A warm memory that doesn’t sting.
A moment of your face in my mind that feels more like comfort than loss.
The way you looked at me when everything was simple.
The way you trusted me with your whole world without ever asking if I deserved it.
There is a kind of love that doesn’t leave scars.
It leaves warmth.
And I think that’s what you became.
Not just a memory I carry…
but a softness that stayed behind in me.
Even now, there are days when the emptiness still speaks first.
When I still feel the weight of your absence in familiar places.
But it doesn’t take everything anymore.
Because something gentle is there too.
Quietly sitting beside the ache.
Reminding me that love didn’t end.
It just changed how it holds me.
Sometimes I imagine you somewhere beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Not watching me with worry.
Not waiting in sadness.
But completely at peace.
Whole again.
Light again.
Still gentle.
Still you.
And maybe that’s where this feeling comes from.
Maybe the gentleness I feel now is not only inside me…
but also coming from you.
Reaching me in ways I don’t fully understand.
Not as a message.
Not as a sign I can prove.
But as a presence that slowly eases what used to hurt so much.
So I don’t rush this feeling.
I let it stay.
I let it sit quietly beside the grief.
Because both can exist now.
The missing.
And the softening.
And between them…
something gentle found me.
And it stayed.
Reacties
Een reactie posten