You didn’t just leave
You didn’t just leave…
You became something I carry.There’s a strange kind of silence that followed you.
Not empty.
Not fully quiet.
Just… different.
Like the world kept speaking, but my heart stopped understanding it the same way.
I still move through the house as if you’re here.
Careful steps in certain corners.
Automatic glances toward your favorite spots.
A pause before I open the door, expecting your excitement to be waiting on the other side.
And every time I remember…
I feel it again.
That moment.
That shift.
The way everything changed without warning, even though love was still standing right there, refusing to leave with you.
People think leaving is an ending.
But I’ve learned it isn’t.
Because your leaving didn’t disappear into the past…
It stayed inside me.
It became part of how I breathe through quiet nights.
Part of how I sit with memories instead of running from them.
Part of the way my heart reacts when something reminds me of you so suddenly I can’t speak for a second.
You live there now.
In the spaces I don’t talk about easily.
In the ache that is not only pain… but proof.
Proof that what we had was real enough to change me forever.
Sometimes I wish I could separate you from this feeling.
Wish I could think of you without the heaviness that follows.
But then I realize…
Even the heaviness is love.
Even the missing is love trying to find where you went.
And maybe that’s why it never truly leaves me.
Because love doesn’t know how to stop existing just because a body is gone.
It transforms.
It settles into memory.
It hides in familiar routines.
It shows up in the way I still say “goodnight” without meaning to.
In the way I still look for you before I remember I don’t have to anymore.
Your leaving didn’t take everything with it.
It left something behind.
Something I can’t put down.
Something I carry without choosing to.
And strangely…
I don’t want to.
Because if I let go of the weight of missing you, I might also lose the shape of loving you.
So I keep it.
I carry it.
Gently.
Quietly.
Like a letter I will never stop reading.
And on the days when it feels too heavy, I imagine you somewhere beyond the Rainbow Bridge…
Not watching me struggle…
But understanding.
Knowing that every time I miss you, I am still loving you correctly.
Still speaking your name in the only way I can now.
With a heart that refuses to forget.
Because your leaving didn’t end our story.
It became part of mine.
Reacties
Een reactie posten