The last morning you were here
The last morning you were here…
I didn't realize it was the last one.You curled up close, warm and still.
Your eyes soft, like you believed I would always be there.
Like I was the safest place you'd ever known.
Then the silence came.
No gentle sound of you padding across the floor.
No familiar rustle or small, quiet presence.
Just an stillness that filled every corner of the room —
especially the spot that was always yours.
People say time makes it easier.
But time just shows you how to keep going with the ache still there.
And in the quietest moments —
I still hear you.
I still feel you beside me.
I still see you, just as you always were…
giving a love that never once ran out.
If love alone could have kept you here,
you would never have left at all.
Reacties
Een reactie posten