I didn’t always notice it

 I didn’t always notice it.

The way you showed up in my life, soft and steady.
No grand gestures.
No noise.
Just a presence that made everything feel right.
You were my quiet answer.
When the world became overwhelming.
When decisions felt impossible.
When fear and doubt crept into the corners of my mind.
I didn’t have to speak.
I didn’t have to explain.
You simply sat beside me.
Laid your head on my lap.
Rested your paw over my hand.
And in that simple, silent way, everything shifted.
The storm seemed smaller.
The worries faded.
The world felt softer.
Even in your absence now, I realize that what you gave me wasn’t just comfort.
It was guidance.
It was calm.
It was proof that love doesn’t always shout.
Sometimes love whispers.
Sometimes love shows up quietly, and it changes everything without anyone noticing.
When I close my eyes, I can still feel you.
In the pause between breaths.
In the warmth of the sunlight where you used to rest.
In the soft echo of pawsteps that linger in memory.
You were my quiet answer.
The reminder that even when life feels loud, I am not alone.
Even now.
Even always.
Forever loved.
Forever remembered.
Forever my quiet answer.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster