Sometimes I still look toward the door before I remember
Sometimes I still look toward the door before I remember…
you’re not coming home this time.And somehow that realization hurts all over again.
The strange thing about losing a dog is that the silence never stays silent for long.
Because even after they’re gone… their love keeps echoing through the house.
I still hear you in the little things.
In the creak near the hallway where you used to wait for me every morning.
In the soft sound of your collar I swear I hear when the night gets quiet enough.
In the empty corner where your bed used to be, still shaped like you in my memory.
People think grief fades because time passes.
But love does not work like that.
Love stays loud.
It lives inside routines that no longer exist.
Inside the hand that still reaches down beside the couch expecting warm fur.
Inside the ache that appears every time I drop food on the kitchen floor and nobody comes running anymore.
You were never “just a dog.”
You were the heartbeat beside mine during the hardest years of my life.
You stayed when people left.
You loved me on days I could not even love myself.
And maybe that is why losing you feels less like losing a pet…
and more like losing a part of my own soul.
Some nights I sit outside and look at the stars longer than I used to.
I wonder if somewhere beyond all this pain, beyond the clouds and the silence, there’s a beautiful meadow glowing beneath the Rainbow Bridge.
Maybe you’re running again there.
No pain.
No fear.
Just soft grass beneath your paws and sunlight resting on your fur.
Sometimes I imagine you stopping for a moment…
turning around…
still listening for my voice the same way I still listen for you.
And somehow that thought comforts me.
Because real love does not disappear.
It changes shape.
It becomes memories.
Dreams.
Pawprints on the heart that never truly fade.
The house may be quieter now…
but your love never was.
And it still isn’t.
Reacties
Een reactie posten