Most people see a date
Most people see a date.
A square on a calendar.A number among hundreds of others.
They turn the page and keep moving.
But not me.
Because love returns on this date.
Every year, without fail.
Sometimes it arrives softly.
A memory while I'm making coffee.
A photograph I wasn't looking for.
A familiar song that suddenly takes me back.
And before I realize it, you're here again.
Not in my arms.
Not beside me.
But in my heart, exactly where you've always been.
This date has a way of opening doors.
Doors to moments I thought time had carried away.
I remember your excitement over the smallest things.
The sound of your paws rushing across the floor.
The way your eyes followed me around the room as if I was the center of your universe.
I remember how safe the world felt when you were near.
How even the hardest days became easier because I had you.
There are years when this date brings tears before breakfast.
Years when I find myself staring out the window, missing you more than I thought possible.
And then there are years when it brings something gentler.
A smile.
A laugh.
A story I haven't told in a while.
Because grief changes, but love doesn't.
Love keeps finding its way back.
That's what this date reminds me.
It reminds me that you were here.
That you mattered.
That you left pawprints so deep upon my soul that even time cannot wash them away.
Some people think anniversaries are about loss.
But I think they're about love.
They're the days when love steps out from the shadows of memory and sits beside us for a while.
The days when we feel our connection most clearly.
The days when we remember that goodbye was never powerful enough to erase what we shared.
As evening settles and the sky begins to glow with gold and lavender light, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through endless meadows.
Your tail wagging freely.
Your spirit shining brighter than ever.
And somehow, I feel you a little closer on this date.
Not because you've returned.
But because my heart opens the door a little wider.
It welcomes the memories.
The laughter.
The tears.
The gratitude.
The love.
Especially the love.
Because that is what survives.
That is what remains.
That is what comes back year after year, no matter how much time passes.
Love returns on this date.
It arrives in memories.
It arrives in dreams.
It arrives in the quiet moments when I whisper your name and feel my heart answer back.
And every time it returns, it reminds me of something beautiful:
You may no longer walk beside me.
But the love we shared still knows the way home.
Forever remembered.
Forever cherished.
Forever returning with every date that carries your name.
Reacties
Een reactie posten