Tonight, I light a candle for you
Tonight, I light a candle for you—
my best friend, my shadow, my heart with paws.The world has grown quieter without your sound in it. No more tags jingling in the hall, no soft footsteps following me from room to room. But in the silence, your love still hums like a soft song.
I light this candle not because I’ve moved on, but because I never will.
It burns to honor every joy you brought me, every moment you carried me through when words failed, every day you made brighter just by existing.
Sometimes I sit in front of this tiny flame and whisper your name. The light flickers, and I imagine it’s your way of answering. I can almost feel your warmth again—like sunlight through fur, like the quiet peace of knowing we loved one another completely.
And though you’ve crossed the rainbow bridge, the love remains. It lives in every corner of my home, every beat of my heart, and every flicker of this candle that refuses to go out.
You may be gone from my arms, but you’ll never be gone from my soul.
Tonight, this flame burns for you—my forever best friend.
Reacties
Een reactie posten