They told me, “It was just a pet.”
They told me, “It was just a pet.”
But my heart knew better.Because when I lost them, I didn’t just lose an animal—I lost a piece of my family.
The one who greeted me at the door with joy no one else could match.
The one who knew my moods, who stayed close on my hardest days, and celebrated the happiest ones with wagging tails or gentle purrs.
Pets aren’t “just” anything.
They are comfort in silence.
They are laughter in the little moments.
They are the heartbeat in a home.
When they leave, the world doesn’t look the same. The chair is empty, the bed is quiet, and the toy in the corner feels like a memory frozen in time.
Grief feels heavy because love was deep.
It’s the kind of love that doesn’t vanish—it lingers in paw prints on your heart, in the spaces they once filled, in the memories that make you smile through the tears.
So no, I didn’t lose just a pet.
I lost a friend.
A companion.
A family member.
And though they may be gone from sight, the love we shared will always remain.
Reacties
Een reactie posten