When you were here

 When you were here, I didn’t think much about your tail. It was always moving, always wagging, always a part of the air I breathed. Sometimes fast and wild when you were excited, sometimes slow and steady when you were content. Sometimes just a soft thump against the floor, a quiet reminder that you were close.

It seemed so small, so ordinary. But now, looking back, I realize it was everything.

That wag was your language. It was your way of telling me I was your world. It was comfort on dark days, joy on ordinary mornings, and celebration in every homecoming. It was love made visible.

And when it stopped… the world grew quieter than I ever imagined.

But I remind myself: every wag mattered. Every tail matters. Because each one tells a story—a story of devotion, of loyalty, of the kind of love only a dog can give.

I believe your story isn’t over. I believe somewhere, on fields of green beyond the Rainbow Bridge, your tail is wagging still—waiting for the moment we’re together again. And when I see you there, that tail will be the first thing I run toward.

Because your love mattered.
Your story mattered.
You mattered. Always. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster