My love

 My love,

I can’t see you anymore.
I can’t touch your fur,
or bury my face in your neck,
or hold your paw in mine.

But still… you find me.

In the stillness of night,
I hear you—
not in sound,
but in the whisper beside my heart.

It tells me to breathe.
It tells me to keep going.
It tells me love never dies.

I carry you with me.
In every step, in every tear, in every smile that comes when I remember your joy.
You are no longer beside me with paws…
but you live forever beside my heart.

One day, the whisper will turn into a call.
And I’ll follow it across the Rainbow Bridge.
Straight into your waiting arms.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster