Here’s your long-form post and matching image idea
Here’s your long-form post and matching image idea.
I remember everything…The way your paws used to follow me from room to room like it was your life’s mission just to stay close to me.
The sound of your collar jingling softly in the middle of the night when you’d get up for water.
The way you looked at me like I was the most important person in the entire world.
And maybe that’s what hurts the most now…
Being loved that purely once…
and then waking up one day to silence.
I still catch myself listening for you.
For the little scratch at the door.
For the sleepy sigh you made before curling up beside me.
For the sound of your tail hitting the wall every time I said your name.
Sometimes grief sneaks up quietly.
It hides in ordinary moments.
In the empty spot near the couch.
In the leash that still hangs by the door.
In the mornings that no longer begin with warm fur pressed against my legs.
People say time heals.
But I don’t think healing means forgetting.
Because I don’t want to forget you.
I want to remember every tiny thing…
Every muddy pawprint on the floor.
Every car ride.
Every storm you were afraid of.
Every moment you waited by the window for me to come home.
You were never “just a dog.”
You were the heartbeat of this house.
And even now… after goodbye…
I still feel pieces of you everywhere.
In sunsets that suddenly make me cry.
In quiet nights beneath the stars.
In dreams where you come running toward me again, healthy and happy, like heaven gave you back your wings.
Maybe love like yours never really leaves.
Maybe it just changes shape.
Maybe that’s why my soul still reaches for you in the dark… because somewhere beyond the clouds, beyond the Rainbow Bridge, you’re still reaching back for me too.
I remember everything.
And I always will.
Reacties
Een reactie posten