Even after all this time
Even after all this time, after the quiet and the absence, I feel it.
Love still moves me forward.Some days, it’s small.
A memory that makes me smile.
A pawprint-shaped shadow across the floor.
A toy discovered under the couch.
A whisper of your fur in the sunlight.
Other days, it’s a tidal wave.
A rush of grief so strong it takes my breath.
A sudden ache for the moments I cannot get back.
A reminder that life will never be the same without you.
And yet, through it all, love continues.
It guides me when I don’t know which step to take.
It reminds me that the days we shared were not wasted.
That the loyalty, the joy, the warmth, the connection—those things live on.
Even when you are gone.
Even when silence fills the rooms you used to run through.
Even when grief feels endless.
I keep walking.
I keep moving forward.
Because love carries me.
It is the bridge between what was and what still can be.
It is the heartbeat that reminds me I am alive, even when my chest feels heavy.
It is the memory of your eyes.
The brush of your fur.
The sound of your tail against the floor.
Every step we took together becomes a light guiding me into the future.
Sometimes, when the sun casts golden light across the horizon, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running freely through meadows that never end.
Chasing gentle breezes and soft shadows.
No pain.
No fear.
No limits.
Only joy.
And I realize that same love that carried you there, carries me here.
It moves me forward through each ordinary day.
Through the moments of sorrow.
Through the quiet evenings.
Through the moments of unexpected joy.
Through the stories I tell and the memories I keep.
Love still moves me forward.
Because you taught me how to love so fully, so completely, that part of you will always walk beside me.
Even now.
Even always.
Forever loved.
Forever remembered.
Forever guiding my steps.
Reacties
Een reactie posten